All Shine Physical Therapists are IN-NETWORK (Preferred ProviderS) with:
- Cigna (ending April 30, 2018)
- First Choice Health Network
- Health Net
- Medicare and Medicaid
- MultiPlan PPO and PHCS
- Moda Health and Moda Medicare
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) Access and Preferred Provider Panel
- United Health Care (UHC) (ending May 31, 2018)
- Worker's compensation insurance (SAIF)
NON-CONTRACTED PRIVATE INSURANCES:
- If we are listed as an out-of-network provider for your insurance, we will apply a substantial discount on your payment. This time-of-service discount will be reflected in your final receipt on a Super Bill. This Super Bill can be submitted to your insurance for credit towards your deductible and a refund, if applicable.
Understanding your insurance coverage: We respect the need for you to understand your coverage before you begin treatment at Shine. Therefore, as a courtesy to every client we contact your health insurance company. We then inform you of your current physical therapy benefits prior to your first appointment. Once you are seen as a client, your physical therapist will generate a claim for each treatment based on what services were provided. Shine and our billing company, AthenaHealth, will track payment of the claim and keep accurate records of your account. If you have a co-insurance or deductible to meet, you will receive an invoice usually within 4-8 weeks from a treatment. If you have a co-payment, the full amount will be due on the day of treatment. Please call us with questions or concerns regarding your invoices.
Motor vehicle accidents: Due to our mission to provide care for chronic and complex impairments, we do not accept MVA cases.
Non-insured client discounts: When you pay the full amount of your treatment fee on the same day the services were provided we discount your bill. We accept cash, check and credit cards.
Medicare clients: Physical therapists can perform an evaluation under Direct Access in Oregon. However, we prefer you obtain a prescription for physical therapy from your physician prior to your first visit. As long as a physician signs off on a treatment plan, we are able to bill Medicare for your treatment.
For clients with economic hardships: Please request a financial hardship form to apply for further discounts.